Courage, Advocacy, Belonging & Grassroot Activism
By Us! For Us! counters the mainstream narrative about the community of Jane-Finch in Toronto.
It is a story of courage, advocacy, belonging, and grassroots activism that confronted racism, neglect, and unacceptable political and bureaucratic decisions. This resulted in a lack of social infrastructure and economic marginalization.
By Us! For Us! Activism in Jane-Finch, A Working-Class Community
By Wanda MacNevin, Friesen Press, 2022
Books are now available at:
- The Jane/Finch Centre’s Resource Centre at 2999 Jane Street (Centre for Green Change office –entrance in the back)
- A Different Booklist – 779 Bathurst Street (just south of Bloor)
- Squibbs – 1974 Weston Road
- BMV Books – 471 Bloor Street West
- Type Books – 427 Spadina Road
To Order By Us! For Us!
You can order the book at FriesenPress or through Amazon: e-book, softcover or hardcover.
To read the full 39 interviews of people quoted in the book, go to the Black Creek Living History Project website.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact